Handi Quilter Educator Event
Four classes will take place over two days with HQ National Educator Susan Manry! Space is limited, so don't wait to sign up.
When: Friday, October 12 & Saturday, October 13, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (scroll down to see specific class times)
Location: Springfield Store (1500 S. Glenstone Ave.)
Cost: $45 per class or $135 for all 4 classes (includes lunch)
Registration: Contact Shawn's Sewing Center at 417-885-1242 fo registration and payment
October 12, 2018
Class #1: STEPPING STONES TO QUILTING YOUR FIRST QUILT
When: Friday 12th from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
This class is for everyone – whether you’ve never quilted and want to learn, or if you already quilt. This overview covers the step-by-step process, from selecting a quilting design to the first quilting stitches. You will learn how to resize and apply designs, choose batting and backings, baste quilt tops, and all about threads, needles and tension. You will be on your way to finishing your quilts!
- Selecting, resizing auditioning and applying quilt designs
- Preparing the quilt top and backing
- Batting selection and basting
- Threads, needles and tension
- Stitch in the ditch and meander quilting
Class #2: FAST, FUN AND FABULOUS FREE MOTION QUILTING
When: Friday 12th from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
Quilters everywhere LOVE the excitement and fun of free motion quilting - and it’s easier than you think! Create flowing designs by connecting simple design elements with continuous lines, traveling across the quilt or filling in a specific area. Learn how drawing and muscle memory contribute to beautiful free motion quilting and how to create stunning designs.
- How to develop an inventory of free motion designs
- Proper scaling and spacing of design elements
- Edge to edge free motion quilting
- Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
- Using Micro Handles for free-motion quilting
October 13, 2018
Class #3: NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK
When: Saturday 13th from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Handi Quilter continually adds new rulers to the line-up and you will welcome them with open arms. Come learn about their features, how to use them and what you can accomplish with this cadre of handy new rulers. Sized to fit your hand and designed to make ruler work easier, you’ll be reaching for these rulers again and again!
- Customize your quilt with crosshatching and straight-line quilting from every angle
- Develop an inventory of arc designs you’ll love
- Perfect pebbles are now in reach
- Reshape the clamshell for an updated modern look
- Learn about how stitch-in-the-ditch quilting can be fun and easy to do!
Class #4: INTRODUCTION TO THE HQ PRO-STITCHER Part 1
When: Saturday 13th from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
HQ Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with an HQ Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
- Overview of support resources available on-line
- Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
- Fit a design to a block using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
- Demonstration of the HQ Pro-Stitcher Simulator
- Overview of Art & Stitch
Meet Susan Manry