Paper Piecing for Beginners:
Crazy Stained Glass with
Time:10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Date: Monday September 24
Location: Springfield Store
Cost: $35 (includes class and cost of pattern)
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of quilting and sewing
Minimum: 1 student
Maximum: 6 students
Supplies: Listed below
What to expect……..
This is a beginner’s paper piecing class and it is a good class whether you are new to paper piecing or have been paper piecing for years.
You will learn:
- To make a quilt using the paper piecing method
- How to measure and cut fabric to fit each block piece
- How to use a rotary cutter
- How to use an Add-A-Quarter fuler
This quilt pattern is a scrapping quilt and can be made into any size quilt just by adding blocks. You will love the process and the end result!
Fabric is based on 9 completed squares
- 2 yards total assorted scraps (more fabric is needed if you plan to make more than 9 squares; add approximately 1/3 yard fabric for every 4 squares added)
- 1 ½ yards black fabric (add ½ yard for every 4 squares added)
- Black thread (cotton/poly blend or 100% cotton)
- Rotary cutter
- Quilt ruler (4” x 12” or similar)
- Add-A-Quarter 12” ruler
- 2 sharp scissors (1 for fabric and 1 for paper)
- Pencil and paper for note taking (optional)
- Sewing machine in good working order that you know how to operate
- Sewing machine needles (size 90/14)
- Seam ripper
- Flat flower straight pins
Please contact Shawn's Sewing Center for registration and payment information. 417-885-1242
*Payment will be due at the time of sign up. Payment and registration must be done before the class starts. In store payment must be made during Shawn's Sewing Center's operating hours (Mon-Fri 9:30 to 5:30, Sat 9:30 to 3:00). Credit card payments can be made online through email or over the phone, but check and cash payments must be made in store.